ArmA 3 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ArmA 3 Clan

UK Based

Latest imagesPortalHomeSearchRegisterGalleryLog in

Having Problems with BF2???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[ABA] Strima
Admin
Admin

Having Problems with BF2??? Empty
PostSubject: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2007, 08:14

Are you having constant CTD (crash to Desktop)?

If you have just installed BF2 make sure your system specs are up to the minimum required by the manufacturer. Most modern machines can run it but not very well.

Try running the game on the lowest settings, graphics are the main culprit. But ensure your Textures are set to medium as the low setting can cause problems in istelf.

Make sure you installed in the correct order especially if you have the 'add ons'.

BF2
Special Forces
Euro Forces
Armoured Fury

Then install the current 1.41 patch over the top, this should sort out most problems. Get the most up to date version from EA using EA Link.

If you still get CTD after trying this then it's time to move on. Run the game in windowed mode and when it CTD's you will get an error message, some thing like this.

Having Problems with BF2??? WMIKGun2

How to run in windowed mode.

Right click on your BF2 shortcut and select copy, then paste that on your desktop and rename it to something like 'BF2 Test'.

Right click on your new shortcut and select properties. You should get this:

Having Problems with BF2??? Test1

Change the target path from this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

To this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +szx 800 +szy 600 +fullscreen 0

You can copy and paste straight from this page.

Just run in windowed mode and when you get CTD copy down what the error message says and post in help. We'll go from there.

VISTA

Is a pain in the arse. BF2 was designed to run on XP. There are two ways to do this either compatability of dual boot.

Don't ask about dual booting because I haven't got a clue!!!

To run on compatability right click on your BF2 shortcut and select the compatabilty tab.

Having Problems with BF2??? Compat

Select to run in XP mode and ensure you're logged on as an Administrator. This tends to solve most Vista issues (even for Solitaire apparently but I'm not that lonely).

PunkBuster Issues

Does PunkBuster kick you when trying to join a server? Sometimes PB can be finniky and will not update. To solve this you need PBSetup.exe. Follow the onscreen instructions and this will manually update PunkBuster. Remember to run it regularly to keep all your files up to date. Clicky Clicky!!!

Other tips.

Koroush Ghazi has written an excellent Tweak Gude for BF2 here. This can sort a lot of minor bugs out.

If it takes a long time to logon to the game go into your server favourites and delete all the server names in there except the ones you like. This will speed up the logon process.

If you have Mod specific problems then go to the relevent forum such as Project Reality. These are the experts for the Mods and will help you out no end, after a good flaming.

These are the basics you should try before posting and it also saves me typing it out again and again.

Enjoy.

Last edited by on Mon 17 Dec 2007, 08:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[ABA]Chud
MAJOR
[ABA]Chud

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2007, 02:53

Wise words Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeFri 29 Feb 2008, 07:05

Razz thanks for this info strimma found some really interesting info from your post and link's ................especially www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html cheers
Back to top Go down
[ABA]Chud
MAJOR
[ABA]Chud

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Mar 2008, 03:04

Just loaded 'Dirty Stinking Vanilla' onto the bairns machine (vista) and it just keeps on going back to CTD after a blank /black screen. tried looking on some sites to find an answer but no joy.

Already running in XP compatability mode, and have set it as admin privelages.

sussed it!!! realised I had FAH running in background which used to cause the same thing on XP as well. exited FaH and it works fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: help   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Sep 2008, 06:10

i have the .8 version and when i try to join a map it crashes back to desktop!!! i have tried everything on the forum please help.
my system is
8400mgt
2400ram
sony vgn fz21e.
Back to top Go down
[ABA]S10
WO1
[ABA]S10

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Sep 2008, 06:21

[ABA]CplHobson wrote:
i have the .8 version and when i try to join a map it crashes back to desktop!!! i have tried everything on the forum please help.
my system is
8400mgt
2400ram
sony vgn fz21e.

Right mate list of things for you too try here;

1. Make sure your resolution in options is set too 1024x768
2. \Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 in that dir change the cache folder name to something like oldcache

If that doesnt work mate message back and I will try and help more.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 04:50

Ok Strima, try and wrap your head around this bugger then.

Here's a problem for you all, i'm trying to load 'Dirty Stinking Vanilla' onto my new laptop and it doesn't seem to finish installing but i can play the game.
The status bar reaches the 100% bit but won't close at all, and even though i can play the game i can't do anything with the rest of the xpacks. It keeps saying i need to install 'Dirty Stinking Vanilla'

Get your head round that, and no this is not a fuckabout either.

I'm using the all in one disc, 'Dirty Stinking Vanilla',Sf,AF&EF including the 1.41 patch.
Back to top Go down
[ABA] Strima
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 06:35

Very strange mate, have you had a look on the PR forums?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 07:29

Having a look at the moment mate, not too hopefull though
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 08:47

Have tried the complete removal from my registry but that hasn't helped.

Tried to install after doing so but at the 100% point me disc drive just stopped working and hasn't finished doing anything.

This is really annoying cause it now means that I have to head up to Honington to get my tower if I need to play PR some time in February
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having Problems with BF2???   Having Problems with BF2??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having Problems with BF2???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ArmA 3 Clan :: Public :: General :: IT Assistance-
Jump to: