Share | 

Our War - 10 Years In Afghanistan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[ABA]Mad-Mike
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostSubject: Our War - 10 Years In Afghanistan   Thu 16 Jun 2011, 07:48

The second episode was on last night, its on at 21:00hrs on a tuesday but I think its the last one next week on BBC THREE.

Really good documentary about the lives of the british soldiers in Afghanistan, from there helmet cams and there stories.

Quote :
This documentary marks a decade of fighting in Afghanistan with a unique insight into the war told through films shot by the soldiers themselves.
The BBC has been given unprecedented access by the Ministry of Defence to thousands of hours of footage shot on helmet cameras and personal video cameras by soldiers.
With the raw honesty of first-person stories of life on the front line, the series offers a gripping and poignant insight into every side of the young soldiers' experience (the average age is 21) - from fear to boredom, grief to bravery, the camaraderie of the platoon and the return home.
The first episode, Ambushed, focuses on the 1 Battalion Royal Anglian's tour of Helmand Province in 2007, and the death of a 19-year-old private in a Taliban ambush. The nervousness of the patrols, led by Lieutenant Bjorn Rose, around base camp in the remote town of Now Zad is caught on camera by Iraq and Afghanistan veteran Sergeant Simon Panter.
"Suddenly there was an almighty eruption of fire - and I mean a coordinated ambush," describes Lt Rose. The young private was injured and his gruelling evacuation to a waiting helicopter is then captured in graphic detail on the sergeant's helmet camera.
The 70-minute film explores the effects of the teenager's subsequent death on his family and friends and how it connects to the bigger story of the British Armed Forces' involvement in Afghanistan over the past 10 years.

If you missed the first two catch it on BBC iPlayer..

Link

PostSubject: Re: Our War - 10 Years In Afghanistan   Sat 18 Jun 2011, 03:45

amazing bunch of guys...and the rest of them past and present.......RESPECT...
Back to top Go down
[ABA]Mad-Mike
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostSubject: Re: Our War - 10 Years In Afghanistan   Mon 20 Jun 2011, 05:43

Indeed they are! Makes me so sad that I got medical discharged for a \'FECK\' shoulder injury. Its destroyed my dream Sad
And watching documantrys like this makes me proud to be british and I want to be back in the army.

Role on tuesday for the next one...

PostSubject: Re: Our War - 10 Years In Afghanistan   

Back to top Go down

Our War - 10 Years In Afghanistan
Page 1 of 1